The most important of the opening scene of AMC the walking dead was Rick’s renewal into the realm of the living. The splash of water over his face is a rebirth from his old self. The very few first moments of the show are instrumental in the new thinking of Rick and where the character is headed.
We have now found several new love interests, most of which were of a shock because there was really no hint of it. There behavior seems to be predictable, to like someone, but not get too close to them as they know what that can mean. They know that all that they want could be lost very quickly.
Rick has become a decent father and has transformed him and his son. He makes sure his son stays a son and does everything a kid should do, rather acting as an adult, that of which he is not.
We see Carol and Daryl in the very beginning of the episode together talking to one another. You might take that as nothing, but for the rest of us, this is a very calculated frame. We are being introduced into a very important and soon to be relationship that will save the both of them and make them much more important.
We see Rick come into contact with a very mysterious woman. It’s very hard to pick up on her intentions. There is a grey area around her and Rick need to take her as an enemy. We pick up on a cue of hers where she opens up to Rick about the things her friend “Eddy” has helped her with. This has made her become very sketchy at best. Rick needs to keep his distance and those 6 bullets he was speaking of earlier was a foreshadowing of what is to come.
Later in the episode, Carl comes into contact with children around his age. We see this distance he has among him and his counterparts. He is still uneasy about allowing himself to be a kid and we see this hesitance when he is talking with them and the new male friend he has started to get to know.
Just before the 2nd break of the show, we are introduced to a another new character (african american), whom is a big name actor. From what I have picked up, he has a very important role in his ability to pick up on important queues surrounding him and the entire group. We understand that prior to this apocalypse he was an alcoholic and we see this fight between him and himself with a bottle of wine, which he ultimately wins.
On patrol, Glenn runs into baby gear, we see him look at this with intent, which leads us to believe that they have been trying or this is the next step in there relationship. Or they have been talking about this and there has been some hesitance.
As the show moves on, we come into the issue brought up. The woman with “no” name is up to no good, “started making trouble in his neighborhood.” As a result, she killed herself. Everything about the show is foreshadowed at the beginning of the show.
We end the show with a very important aspect of the show. One of the very useless characters starts to turn and they pan out of the water. Why is there so much influence at the water?
Questions we should be asking:
1. Although we know the ceiling was decrepit and there were leaks. Why now does the ceiling fail? The walkers weren’t really concentrated? I think it was a bad ass attempt by the writers to make a cool scene!
2. What is to come of this new black character (Bob) that knows so much, but has so many weaknesses?
3. What is Glenn foreshadowing? Is it what we all think?
4. Why are the eyes ripped out of one of the walkers? That was important!
5. What was importance with that pig? Was she pregnant? A source of more food? Was there something different about the disease? Adaptation?
6. Why pan at the water after the kid drops? Something wrong with the water that turned the kid? Does this link back to the pig?
7. Has the water finally been contaminated…. (which it should have been a long time ago).
8. Has Beth really created this strong outer shell or is she still fragile? Why does she hold so tightly onto Daryl?